Workshop Ableton Live & MaxMSP / February 2018
Schedules : from Monday 26th Feb to Friday 2nd March
Time : 9h30 – 18h each day
Location : Marseille, France
Workshop leader : Julien Bayle
Payment is required for registering your seat.
You can cancel your registration until 3 weeks before.
We can speak french, english and italian.
Depending on people, Julien Bayle will introduce the workshop in best fitting language.
— WORKSHOP DÉROULÉ
This workshop aims at update you with state-of-art sound & visuals productions tool Ableton Live & Max MSP. We will explore together interaction between visuals & sound. We will focus on each one’s creation project.
Day 1 :
– Ableton Live et MaxMSP basics,
– Preparing your liveset and communicating with Max,
– Audio routing between applications
Day 2 :
– Designing a simple generative visuals system,
– Using video flow from file footages or webcam,
– 3D Rendering and shaders.
Day 3 :
– Generating and altering visuals,
– Using music & sound data flow (MIDI, OSC).
Day 4 :
– Sound analysis and descriptors extraction in real-time (frequenciy spectrum, noisiness, roughness…),
– Optimisation of routing and programming.
Day 5 :
– Final steps for preparing our A/V live performance,
– Demo & advanced questions & answers
– laptop (at least evaluation license for Max & Ableton Live),
– MIDI controller if required,